Sometimes its better to start over or start fresh. This may be the case if you:
- Have bought a second-hand computer or received a hand-me-down
- Want to switch operating systems (eg. XP to Windows 7, or Win7 Home to Win7 Pro)
- Are badly infected with viruses, malware, spyware, rootkits, etc.
The Wipe & Install service includes the following:
- Format hard drive, check and repair errors.
- Restore or Install operating system from media.
- Install additional or manufacturer-supplied hardware drivers.
- Apply latest Windows and application updates.
- Install commonly used free applications, such as Acrobat Reader, Firefox, Adobe Flash, and AVG Anti-virus.
- Install licensed, user-supplied applications.
The service does not include backing up or transferring data from the computer prior to wiping – that is included separately in the Data Transfer service.
To comply with licensing rules and avoid software piracy, you will need to provide:
- The factory restore CDs that came with the computer
- OR a licensed copy of the operating system to be installed
- AND licensed copies of all applications to be re-installed
If you are missing any components, we can provide assistance obtaining replacement restore media from manufacturers, or purchasing new licenses.